What is UX Strategy?
A strategy is an approach or plan of action to achieve a major goal. Strategy is the key difference between success and failure - good strategy plays on your strengths while being mindful of your weaknesses.
UX Strategy combines business strategy and solid UX design to create a game plan that examines where you currently are with your business, systems, and products then helps you get to where you want to be.
UX strategy spans products, services, platforms, devices and experiences.
UX Strategy Key Points
- outcome of the discovery phase can be the key factor in creating a good strategy
- most common way to achieve an advantage is through cost leadership & differentiation
- pursue differentiation and low cost to create value for both the customers and the stakeholders
- de-risk the product by getting customer input early and often, and make sure the whole team is involved in the collaborative research that gets the customer input
- creating a killer UX doesn't always mean something is frictionless, smart friction helps your customers avoid costly mistakes and makes them feel cared for